Monday, February 27, 2012

Man vs. Huge Marlin: Ernest Hemingway’s “Old Man and the Sea

Ernest Hemingway’s novel Old Man and the Sea, which was released in ‘52, was based on fishing. As an old Cuban fisherman the main character got too old to be fishing by himself, so he hired a young 18 year old boy to help him on the boat. The old man always dreamed of catching the biggest fish on the sea. Then one day the old man told the boy he didn’t need him, and that was the day it all went down.
            There were some things that I liked about the book and some parts that I didn’t really understand.  The thing that I liked the most was the way the sentences were written.  The words were easy to comprehend also.  I didn’t like the book’s setting because the setting was always the same.
            I would recommend this book to anyone. It’s a good book and has a good story.  The type of people I would recommend this book would be anyone who loves outdoor books.

No comments:

Post a Comment