Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hunted by Humans: Suzanne Collins’ “The Hunger Games”

"Panic begins to set in. I can’t stay here. Flight is essential."…"But I can’t let my fear show," Katniss Everdeen runs, determined not to be anyone’s game. She must continue into the unknown land, spoken of as, the Arena. Katniss Everdeen is from District 12. She and twenty-three others have been dropped into a secluded arena filled with deathly dangers, various environments, and new creatures, all of which the Capitol created. There can only be one winner, so how does one win? They must kill, not animals, but the other competitors. “My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead,” the distress dwells inside as she trembles from pain and shock. She must go on.
            Suzanne Collins fills the novel with the perfect mixture of adventure, friction, power, love, and survival. The Hunger Games emancipate the emotions out of the reader, causing the desire to read more. The Hunger Games was published on September 14, 2008, bringing an immaculate and mind opening novel into existence for all readers to experience.

By: Ashlyn Medina

No comments:

Post a Comment