Friday, March 30, 2012

Teammates Matter: The True Meaning of Team

Teammates Matter was written by Alan Williams and Published in 2010. Alan Williams was a low division 1 recruited basketball player coming out of Memphis, Tennessee. Williams decided to take a walk-on position at Wake Forest University. Throughout his four years of basketball at Wake Forest, Williams overcame many obstacles that included a coaching change and his father being diagnosed with cancer that made him question "Is this really worth my time?". Williams continued to work hard and dedicate himself every year to his team and the game of basketball. Although Alan Williams only ended up playing 59 minutes in 120 games, Williams learned a valuable lesson on how to be a teammate and how special it truly is to be a part of a team. Alan Williams truly loved the game of basketball and even through tried times, found fulfillment in unexpected places. I loved this book. Throughout my years of basketball, I have truly understood what it means to be a part of a team. This book hit home with me because I too love the game just like Alan Williams does. I would reccommend this book to anyone who knows what it feels like to be a part of a team and loves the game of basketball.

By: Alex Biggerstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment