Thursday, March 29, 2012

Man's Bestfriend

Old Yeller

Fred Gipsons’ novel Old Yeller, which was released in 1956, is a joyful yet sad book about a boy named Travis and a big yellow dog. Travis and his family live in the middle of the wilderness in Texas. Following the departure of his father, Travis must hunt and farm, but most importantly protect his little brother and mother. This will prove to be very hard on young Travis, but with the help of his furry friend he will overcome enormous challenges. I am a boy so I really enjoyed this book. It had outdoor adventures and great excitement all throughout. There is nothing I disliked about the book; overall I would say it’s a great book. I would recommend this book to any audience looking for excitement, but at the same time a little heartbreak. Young teenage boys would really enjoy this book.
By: Spencer Bishop




No comments:

Post a Comment